What excites you ?

Want to natter about something completely off topic? This is the place.
Naomi

Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:42 pm

I recently saw a post on Twitter - by Jen Brea (a chronic health activist) asking people if they would like to share any poems, art, music, films that, as she put it, 'blew your mind' ?

I am going to slightly tailor the question here. I saw Amazing Grace at the weekend (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazing_Grace_(2018_film) ) and it really inspired me. It made me think, whether we are religious or not, what place does praise and celebration have in my work ?

So I'd like to ask anyone here the same question, and if that is not something you would like to answer - what other creative expression (apart from the one you currently work in) excited you ?
danielregan
Site Admin

Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:46 am

Goodness this is a bit racy!

But to be honest it’s about seeing artists who explore the same themes as me but from completely different mediums. I’ve become bored with photography!
Photographic artist, facilitator & leader with lived experience. Director at Free Space Project, run the Arts & Health Hub & Trustee at London Arts in Health Forum.
PalomaTendero

Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:15 pm

I am absolutely driven by Sculptures and installations!

Last time I felt really excited about something was this summer when I was visiting Vienna and there was a show of Kiki Smith !! (and I didn't know about it) omg when I show that poster my heart skipeed a beat!
Naomi

Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:14 pm

PalomaTendero wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:15 pm
I am absolutely driven by Sculptures and installations!

Last time I felt really excited about something was this summer when I was visiting Vienna and there was a show of Kiki Smith !! (and I didn't know about it) omg when I show that poster my heart skipeed a beat!
We must go to see some installations soon ! x